"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Addition to post on radiation below this one

I asked my brother Ted, who though a layperson like myself is more knowledgeable about these things than I am, to look over my post on radiation (below) and he added this important information:

1: There is a heavy difference to be noticed between the risk of radiation effects on adults, and that on children and especially babies,who actually absorb a far larger proportion of their food and air into their growing bodies. (Jessica: and may I add therefore absorb radioactive calcium counterfeits-- Strontium 90, radioactive iodine--into their growing bones and thyroid glands, often leading to cancer.)

2:  Even experts are often not careful with the significance of their statistics. If they say "one chance in a million" of harm, that may well mean harm to 7,000 people worldwide; if they mean per year, that is 7,000 persons per year.


MANY RELATED STORIES BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment