"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Update from Laria (now 12)

Hello. I saw the blog about me you posted on the internet today. By the way, that time I taped feathers on myself and ran around the house I was very disappointed afterward because someone (I forgot if it was Mama or Papa) told me that birds have hollow bones and that I couldn't fly no matter how fast I ran. I knew it would take a couple of years to figure out how to make my bones so that I could fly.

I remember that you wanted to know what I am interested in these days. I like math, science (especially physics) and art. I am in algebra and I like it, but I find more complicated concepts like infinity and imaginary numbers more. Today I said that infinity isn't one number. It's going on forever but not all infinities are the same because if you have 2+2+2 forever the answer will be infinity but if it's 4+4+4 forever it will be a "greater" infinity. It's like a linear equation, that goes on forever in both ways. It really depends on the slope to say how big the infinity is even though they are all infinity. I've actually been trying to say that for most of my life, but I didn't know about graphs and linear equations to explain it.

I am in a nation-wide contest for NASA about making a water-purification system. It is very fun, and my group has created an effective distillation system and filter. Now it's mostly about putting it together and testing the results.

I still keep thinking about some of the things I thought about when i was little, like every moment running away and how everyone thinks they are the only "I". It gets more and more complicated, though, the more I think about it.
Laria

No comments:

Post a Comment