"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Saturday, April 2, 2011

DOGS: Cherokee's Memory Book, Chapter 5 (last)

JAPAN-RELATED POSTS BELOW
     Now I want you to take a good look at this picture:  Look how big I am and look how little my dog door is. It looks like it is only big enough for dogs like Keno. People who saw me dash through that door for the first time were always amazed that I could go out that tiny hole without getting stuck. I will show you my secret, how I would fit through that door. See what happens when Grandma gives me a bath.

     I am really just a small Pomeranian-sized dog with lots of fur. There is one other way to show how small I really am.

     One summer Grandpa and Grandma decided to give me a haircut so I wouldn't be so hot. That was a Very Bad Idea. The woman who trimmed my fur that day forgot she was just supposed to give me a bear cut. You can see it was kind of cute--but then she forgot and gave me a lion cut, shaving me right down to my skin and only leaving my head fluffy. I was so embarrassed. Everyone laughed at me. I felt naked. It took a long time but finally my fur grew out and I was beautiful again.












     Katherine, I want to thank you for helping me find my way around when I got old and blind. I couldn't see or hear and my legs got stiff and sore so I couldn't run. Life wasn't much fun for me anymore. I was ready to leave that life and come home to heaven. Now I feel young and strong again. Someday when it's time for you to come to heaven, we can play together again forever.


Love,
Cherokee

"If we need our pets when we get to heaven, the Lord will make sure they are there." Katie Thiel, mother of three.

Today I am thankful that in God's presence there is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures forever. 


JAPAN-RELATED POSTS BELOW:
--HEROES: ATOMIC SAMURAI
--HEROES and HAPPY ENDINGS: Dog rescued from floating debris 3 weeks after tsunami
--GOOD RESOURCE: Radiation Network 

1 comment:

  1. Cherokee looked like a fox in that second pic. She was a beautiful dog.

    Are you going to do a book of Sudoku, too?

    ReplyDelete