"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Saturday, November 11, 2017

LOVE YOUR REPUBLICAN/ DEMOCRATIC NEIGHBOR

If you claim to be a Christian - LOVE YOUR REPUBLICAN NEIGHBOR!

I am a Republican. A pro-life, anti-nuke Republican.

It hurts when those of you who don't agree with me yet claim to represent the party of inclusivity, tolerance and love drag into every discussion of these issues name-calling and condemnation not only against my--our--President but against all Republicans. Against me.

I, too, hate the president's policies regarding nuclear weapons. They are scary, appalling. I voted for him because of his policies on so many other issues: abortion, marriage, the economy, Israel, immigration, freedom of speech, religious freedom. I support his choices for members of his cabinet and of the courts, including the Supreme Court.

And I thought the alternatives were worse.

If you claim to be a Christian - LOVE YOUR DEMOCRATIC NEIGHBOR!
I used to be a Democrat. A pro-life, anti-nuke Democrat.

It hurts when those of you who didn't agree with me yet claim to be the party of truth and integrity dragged into every discussion of these issues name-calling and condemnation of all Democrats. Of me.

I, too, believe we must respect and obey the law. I believe civil disobedience, when necessary, should be first and foremost--civil. I believe we should respect each other's rights and property. I believe in equal opportunity, free enterprise and the Constitution. I believe in God.

Can't we set the expletives aside and discuss these things as brothers and sisters in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment