"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memories of MUM - Peace Pilgrimages and World Friendship Center

     This will be the last re-cycled post about my mom. I sense you're getting bored--or maybe it's me. I do have some fun and more personal ones I haven't posted before which I hope you will enjoy, leading up to the ceremony on June 12.
     This is extracted from a long and insightful chapter, "The Symbolic American: Barbara Reynolds," from City of Silence: Listening to Hiroshima by Rachelle Linner. (The entire chapter is posted on His Scribe, Nov. 23, 2010.) If you want to skip any overlap with what I've been posting, pick the saga up with "The Peace Pilgrimage" on p. 64. You can quit at "Ambiguous Symbols" on the last page.

Left-click on each page once or twice to enlarge.










































No comments:

Post a Comment