"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Monday, February 6, 2012

Grace under Siege 75: Members Meeting Results

Member votes tabulated – 438

ELDER AFFIRMATION:
All Elders met the 2/3’s threshold to be affirmed.

ORDINATION OF KURT VICTOR:
Met the 2/3’s threshold (78.3%).

STATEMENT OF FAITH
Did not meet the 75% threshold to pass (70.3% ).

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord !! For we know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called accordingf to His purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, It would be nice to have the exact figures stated instead of just percentages. It would also be interesting to know how many votes were tallied with each elder. To me, if I were a pastor and or an elder, I would be concerned that a large percentage (maybe not the majority) of believers do not believe they meet biblical qualifications. Wouldn't they want to be closer to the 99 to 100% level in confidence? Praise God that He is in control. Hopefully, this will foster growth in developing more Bereans (Acts 17) in becoming better students of the Word and less reliant on emergent and progressive theologians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the need to clarify what I wrote above. I am praising the Lord for the failure of the Statement of Faith to be changed. I was not referring to the approval of the elders although I acknowledge that God is in charge so we thank Him in all things.

    ReplyDelete