"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Riri Mishima passed away

      Her father sailed around the world with our family on the Phoenix. I met her for the first time in Hiroshima in June. Riri passed away suddenly on Tuesday, cause of death unknown.
     Besides feeling deep sadness at the loss of this particular friend, a sweet, animated, generous woman whom I had hoped to know better, I am left stunned because it is our 8th loss this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment