"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Friday, September 2, 2011

INVITATION: Memorize 100 Bible verses in 1 year

     Okay Diana, I'm in. I expect it will mean reviewing verses I learned at Multnomah Bible College umpty-ump years ago. I was torn because I had just determined to start memorizing verses in Spanish. But I realize I can do both. When you post the verse on your blog, I'll just take the reference to http://www.biblegateway.com/, scroll down through the translations, click on La Biblia de las Americas, and memorize that instead.
     For those of you who don't know about this, but are intrigued by the idea, check out Diana DePriest's blog, My Walk of Faith or her Facebook. Then, summon all your wandering IQ points and get ready. We start in ten days.

     Question: Do I get extra Brownie points for learning them in Spanish?

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, this is AWESOME! But you are a bit more ambitious than I, I'm challenging the people to the 100 verses in 365 days... no 366, we're coming up on a leap in 2012... but I hope you and your readers will still join us more slackerly folk... and yes you get all kinds of points, brownie and bonus for learning your verses in español, Olé!!

    ReplyDelete