"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Thursday, August 4, 2011

PREPARING FOR PERSECUTION: Prequel 1



Living in the End Times
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

A few weeks ago, a friend had me listen to a CD by Dr. David R. Reagan of Lamb and Lion Ministries
, speaking on "50 Reasons Why We Are Living in the End Times." Ever since I attended Multnomah Bible College over 40 years ago, I have heard many people talk about our being in the  last days but the evidence then never convinced me. This did. . . (Continued)



From my blog BONUS FEATURES

3 comments:

  1. I think the prophetic clock starting ticking again when Israel became a nation and was no longer ruled by gentiles...in 1948. For sure we are in the end-times...and Israel is the epicenter. I'm so certain of it I'd bet my life on it. Our brethren have been persecuted for centuries for their faith....Voice of the Martyrs is a great organization that reports constantly on Christian persecution. Soon it will come to the West...just a matter of time.

    I remember when my eyes were opened to this truth. I took every single prophecy book on my shelf and threw it in the trash- literally.

    I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Israel is God's timepiece...and the rebirth of the Jewish Nation in 1948 set the prophetic clock ticking again...now we are able to understand Daniel-his words were sealed up until the time of then end. One of the best interpretations regarding this is found here:

    http://www.ellisskolfield.com/downloadable-books.shtml

    in the free e-book called The False Prophet...

    There is a good post about Israel here:

    http://www.pray4zion.org/DryBones.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add...if you do the research- you will see that almost ALL of the persecution against Christians is perpetrated by Muslims. But of course... everyone knows...Islam is peaceful...right?

    From the Koran:

    O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

    Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

    When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

    When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
    (different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

    (sorry-I accidentally deleted this post and had to re-post it....I goofed)

    ReplyDelete