"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bloomin' trees

     Last week I took these pictures of two trees flowering in our yard, the bees busy among their bright blossoms. I didn't post them, in case the blooms spread and I could get better pictures but it turned out I'd caught them at their peak.
Crepe myrtle in our back yard, from our bedroom balcony. 

Je ne sais quoi on east side of house, by driveway.



3 comments:

  1. So pretty! The crepe myrtles are in full bloom here, they're my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could get crepe myrtles to bloom in Iowa.... they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember where "here" is for you, Bryn, but I'm glad you have them too--

    --even though, Duane, I'd trade you our crepe myrtle for a spreading chestnut or sycamore tree, if you have them in Iowa. I shouldn't be ungrateful--we have palm trees instead and there are a few sycamores (though people call them "sick"amores because they don't do well out here.) I miss the spreading trees I used to climb on in Ohio, where I spent my first 7 years.

    ReplyDelete