"You have to work hard to offend Christians. By nature, Christians are the most forgiving, understanding, and thoughtful group of people I've ever dealt with. They never assume the worst. They appreciate the importance of having different perspectives. They're slow to anger, quick to forgive, and almost never make rash judgments or act in anything less than a spirit of total love . . . No, wait--I'm thinking of Labrador retrievers!" David Learn, 1998

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Also on open mic tonight. . .

     A blogger I follow, Jeremy Bear, read his introspective, Best Possibleon Open Mic tonight. At least he read part of it and I have just gone to his blog Tips on Triplets to read the whole story--er, essay--er, vision? It's one of the most original pieces I've read in a long time. Amazing concept, with that quirky humor characteristic of him. Creates ripples of thought. . . Never read anything like it. Thanks, Jeremy!
     And his wasn't the only good piece. There was a variety of high quality original literary and musical compositions. Some came from members of the writers' group in our church, headed by Katherine Lo, who herself offered two very different poems worthy of publication. Ana Sanchez' passionately-presented poem I Wish I Was Beautiful was especially haunting.
     


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the link and for the kind words, Jessica. I enjoyed your poem as well.

    -Jeremy

    ReplyDelete